1055 Canada Place
Management and Finance Day 2016
The eighth Management and Finance Day is organized by the CIM Management and Economics Society as part of the 2016 CIM Convention in Vancouver on Wednesday, May 4, 2016. MES has developed a program in which expert and lively speakers will share their experience and insights around key topics driving the industry.
As in previous Management and Finance Days, a moderated panel discussion, with all speakers and session chairs, will allow the audience to share thoughts, questions and ideas arising from the formal presentations.
Conference delegates may attend Management and Finance Day as part of their CIM 2016 Convention experience, or for those interested, one-day registration is available.
CIM Convention 2016 – Vancouver, British Columbia
May 1-4, 2016
Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Place
Founded in 1898, the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) is the leading technical society of professionals in the Canadian Minerals, Metals, Materials and Energy Industries. CIM has over 14,600 members, convened from industry, academia and government. With 10 Technical Societies and over 35 Branches, our members help shape, lead and connect Canada’s mining industry, both within our borders and across the globe.
The first Annual Interprovincial Congress was held from March 1 to 3, 1899 at the Windsor Hotel in Montreal.
CIM has always maintained three main objectives:
- to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and technology
- to foster networking, professional development and fraternity
- to recognize excellence and outstanding achievements in the minerals industry
World-class professional development, networking, and knowledge sharing.
The core purpose of CIM is to serve minerals, materials and petroleum industries and professionals around the world. We will achieve this by:
- Being the preferred source of knowledge and best practices.
- Facilitating learning and continuous professional development.
- Facilitating collaboration among all constituents.
- Providing leadership in the development and use of industry standards.
- Promoting our industries to society.
- Recognizing excellence and outstanding achievements.
- Providing networking opportunities
The 2016 CIM Convention will build on the successes of previous years. A steady growth in the numbers of delegates, exhibitors, and energy continues to attract the most relevant speakers and dynamic presentations as the industry comes together to focus on exploring operational and managerial excellence across all facets of mining.
Please join us for the 2016 CIM Convention in Vancouver – where the business of mining happens!
Some memorable moments at this year’s Management and Finance Day in Vancouver: