Join us for the
CIM’s Management & Economics Society and the Toronto Branch
Professional Development Series
The Emerging Cycle:
Risk Mitigation & Opportunities
Click HERE for Agenda and Presentation Abstracts! Plus buy your ticket by October 19th and save up to $100!
For registration, click HERE
Opening & Welcome
Session 1: Risk Aversion & Adverting Risk
Session 2: Practical Permits
— LUNCH with KEYNOTE SPEAKER —
Governance Advisor, Lawyer, Author, Public Speaker, and Researcher
Key Trends in Corporate Governance and Implications for the Mining Sector
Session 3: Disruptors
Plus: Open Floor Panel Discussions & Networking
Final Comments / Questions & Closing
Topics that will be discussed at Rocks & Stocks 2018 are:
- Transforming Risk into Opportunity – Janice Zinck, CIM President and Natural Resources Canada‘s Director, Mineral and Metallurgical Processing; Green Mining Research
- Trends and Innovation in Mining Finance – David Shaver, CIBC’s Managing Director, Mining Investment Banking
- Spreading the Risk: JVs, Strategic Partners, Smaller Projects – Mohit Hasija, EY’s Vice President, Valuation and Business Modelling
- Social Risk Management an Opportunity for Mining – Monica Ospina, O’trade Founder and Director
- Path to Project Permitting – Louise Grondin, Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd.’s Senior Vice President, Environment, Sustainable Development and People
- 1st to 3rd World Ech has their Geopolitical Challenges – Cashel Meagher, Hudbay Minerals Inc.
- The Talent Crunch is Here–We Need a New People Equation – Pamela Hackett, Proudfoot’s CEO
- Recovering ROI through Innovation – Douglas Morrison, Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI)’s President & CEO
- Why the Future is Ours to Uncover – Ayelet Baron, Chief Purpose Officer, Genius 100 Visions. Inspired by Einstein. Award winning author. Reformed tech exec.
For more information about Rocks & Stocks 2018, click HERE
Thursday, October 25, 2018
8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: Ernst & Young LLP, 100 Adelaide Street West, 31st Floor, Toronto, Ontario
CIM Toronto’s 12th Annual Grubstake Networking Event
4:30pm to 7:30pm
The National Club
3rd Floor – 303 Bay Street, Toronto
Join us for an evening of hot and cold appetizer buffets with beer and wine, excellent conversation, networking, and catching up with industry friends.
$395 – Rocks & Stocks plus Grubstake Event
$355 – Rocks & Stocks only
$70 – Students: Rocks & Stocks plus Grubstake
$50 – Students: Rocks & Stocks only
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Register before October 19th and save $100 ($10 Students)!
Pre-registration is strongly advised. EY and National Club will exert its best efforts to accommodate walk-in registrations.
If you are no longer able to attend, you may choose to send someone in your place. If so, please email Toronto@cim.org to inform us of the name of the person attending in your place.
For registration, click HERE
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support:
Click HERE for Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
for Rocks & Stocks 2018
Rocks & Stocks is a joint effort by the Management and Economics Society (MES) of CIM and the CIM Toronto Branch.
Keep up to date by checking us out at: www.cimmes.org
Be part of an MES conversation, start a conversation or simply be informed – join us on LinkedIn! Click HERE to register!